Electronic Single Window project in development phase

first_imgThe Electronic Single Window (ESW) project under the Business Ministry is progressing despite a few hiccups along the way. This was disclosed by Business Minister Dominic Gaskin who explained that the ESW project relies heavily on several agencies to execute the mandate of the scheme. “I do not think there has ever been a project of this type that requires different types of agencies to beBusiness Minister Dominic Gaskininvolved in it.”He noted the cooperation of various agencies is vital to the project’s success, especially since it allows access to an electronic platform, through which they can conduct numerous types of transactions.The ESW is mainly traded facilitation; as such it would involve the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) as the major stakeholder. It will also involve other licensing agencies and agencies that endorse permits or import and export licenses, among others.However, Minister Gaskin indicated that a number of agencies have not yet begun the digitisation process, which poses some challenges in electronic information sharing. Nevertheless, the Minister noted there are other agencies indicating “readiness” towards the project.The ESW project is one that will be loan funded, and the Business Ministry is hoping the funds will be approved by the end of 2018. Minister Gaskin said once the loan is approved “it will speed up the process”.On February 21, the Business Ministry in collaboration with the Inter-American Development Bank hosted the first ESW workshop with public and private stakeholders at the Pegasus Hotel, with the focus of “Developing a Roadmap to Electronic Single Window in Guyana”.The workshop aimed at identifying and analysing conceptual models and challenges for the implementation and global practices for the development of the ESW in Guyana.The Electronic Single Window aims to expedite and simplify information flows between trade participants and the Government, by bringing meaningful gains to all parties involved in the domestic and cross-border trade.last_img read more

TRANSFER ALERT! Sunderland join chase for Ligue 1 starlet

first_imgSunderland have joined the race to sign in-demand Lorient starlet Didier Ndong.The 21-year-old caught the attention of a long list of European clubs after scoring 11 goals in 34 Ligue 1 appearances last season.Monaco appear to be leading the race to sign the midfield talent although Torino have already firmed up their interest with an offer thought to be around £3.5m.Spartak Moscow are also interested and reports in Russia have suggested that they would be willing to double Torino’s offer in a bid to secure his signature.But now L’Equipe have claimed that Sunderland are keeping close tabs on the situation and may choose to offer him a chance in English football following their successful relegation battle last season.Ndong, a full Gabon international, joined Lorient in January 2015 and is under contract for another three years. 1 Didier Ndong in action for Lorient last_img read more

OYSTER FISHING BEDS RE-OPEN ON LOUGH FOYLE

first_imgThe Loughs Agency is to re-open two of the six main Oyster fishing Beds in Lough Foyle which had been closed for the last number of weeks.Minister Joe McHughMinister of State Joe Mc Hugh TD and Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development Michelle O’Neill MLA jointly welcomed the move.Minister Mc Hugh said “The decision to open the beds, from 15th to 19th December, will create potential opportunity to catch up to an additional 25 tonnes (up to a value of €125,000) of Oysters in time for the Christmas market”. “I believe we have achieved a good balance between economic opportunity for local fishermen with a dividend for the local communities and the conservation imperative” he addedMinisters had jointly raised the issue at a meeting with the Agency last Friday’s asking the Agency to review its decision to close the beds and the approach to the issue of Oysters in the Foyle.Ministers had stressed the importance of scientific advice and analysis and had also emphasised the importance of wider considerations such as the management approach, long term sustainability and the direct and current impact on communities and fishermen around the lough.Minister McHugh thanked the Agency, Chairman, Chief Executive and Staff for the re-appraisal of the decisions on closure and of the broader issues around the fishery and hoped that the Fishermen and the Agency would work collaboratively on a management structure for the longer term to ensure the enduring viability of the resource. “I want to emphasise that sustainability and safeguarding this natural resource in Lough Foyle are the shared responsibilities of all stakeholders including the licenced fishermen,” Minister Mc Hugh concluded. OYSTER FISHING BEDS RE-OPEN ON LOUGH FOYLE was last modified: December 11th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalLough FoyleMinister Joe McHughOyster bedslast_img read more