Bility Raps on Football Development Plan

first_imgLiberia’s football chief Musa Bility has outlined plans to improve football in the country with the support from the Liberian government.Mr. Bility, in his 2nd term’s inaugural address on Saturday, pointed out four main developmental pillars that if achieved could move the game to another level.He said the first pillar will be the building of 13 technical centers in 13 counties, and has therefore written to the Counties’ Local Administrations and Legislative Caucuses for 10 acres of land in each county for the project.He said Bong, Grand Gedeh and Maryland Counties have so far donated theirs lands, while six counties have consented to give theirs.Mr. Bility said the Grand Gedeians have beseeched the LFA to name it in memory of Liberia’s 21st President, the late Dr. Samuel K. Doe.He stated in an elated tone that the LFA has agreed to name it ‘The Samuel K. Doe Technical Center.’“We are working closely with Senator Jewel Howard-Taylor to dedicate the first leeward county’ technical center this year June,” Bility said.He said the second pillar is the petitioning of the National Legislature to mandate every County’s Local Administration to turn over every football facility to the Liberia Football Association.He stated that the fields would be used to effect the decentralization of football in the counties through youth and grassroots football.The football chief said the third pillar is the resolution to change the mandate of the Edwin M. Snowe’s Mobilization Committee from begging for money for the support of the national football teams (the Lone Star, Satellite, and Starlets) to lobby for a huge budgetary allocation.Mr. Bility said a ‘huge budgetary allotment’ would help boost the game in the country.President Bility said the fourth pillar is a recommendation to the Ministry of Youths and Sports to restrict the ages of players in the National County Sports Meet to U-17, and only players who are in schools should participate in the tournament.He added: “We would also suggest for the inclusion of Women Football in the County Meet.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

MC Parcular Assembles All-Star Gospel Crew For Ebola Song, ‘Cry No More Mama Liberia’

first_imgIn the wake of this Ebola crisis that continues to ravage lives across Liberia and its neighbors, there has been an outpouring of engagement from Liberian musicians all over the world, voicing out their opinions and consoling messages through music.Well, McDonald Parcular (aka MC Parcular) and 37 other gospel artists just stepped up their action releasing an all-star gospel single in sixteen vernaculars. This is so that, according to MC, the message can get to everyone. “The message in the song is encouraging all Liberians to depend on God; whatsoever the condition may be, there is hope”.  Adding,  “As you can see, our health workers are working, the government is doing her part, our donors are working and God is working into this situation.“So to those who lost their parents and loved ones to Ebola, they shouldn’t cry because not everybody will die from this Ebola,” he told LIB Life. The gospel artist also stressed the need for Liberians to remember their God and not forget him.“Cry No More Mama Liberia / In the midst of Ebola there is still hope for you / Ebola virus will not destroy you / This deadly virus will pass over you / Mama Liberia you will rise again”, goes the chorus of the song that was released and aired on ELBC radio on Wednesday, Sept, 24.The song includes Mcdonald Parcular, Cyrus Thomson, Cecila Andrews, Addonies Rennie, Baryoe Nyegbeh, Morris Manah, Rebecca Kilby, Victoria Sobeor, Mesee Parker and many others who each take turns dishing their own verses on the Ebola crisis and the cries of people across the country.Meanwhile, MC Parcular has been a performing gospel artist since 2001 and is popularly known across Liberia for his song title ‘I promise to serve the Lord’. He has four recording albums to his credit with the album titled ‘Focus’ being his latest.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Kings lend hand to special-ed program

first_img To post your own stories and photos, log on to valleynews.com160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! What: This year, the L.A. Kings hockey team has partnered with YES I CAN to help support its program and raise funds for this great cause at the game with the Vancouver Canucks on Feb. 22. The YES I CAN program combines special-education students with a wide spectrum of disorders with regular education mentors. The students spend the majority of the year working toward the common goal of throwing a district-wide concert. The majority of the special-education students suffer from a form of autism known as Asperger’s syndrome. Although often gifted academically, their major area of deficit is their ability to socialize and communicate with peers. This is why it is essential to provide these students with the opportunity to challenge them to work together and practice the techniques they’ve been taught through the program. Tickets are $32.50 300 level, $55.50 200 level. $89.50 100 level. For more information call (213) 742-7230 or e-mail blieber@hartdistrict.org. When: 7 p.m. Where: Staples Center last_img read more

Blake in, then forced out of quarterfinals

first_imgOn Friday, Blake received an early-morning call from ATP officials informing him of the reversal. He said later he had been preparing for a quarterfinal match. “No, I didn’t understand the rule the way it was explained to me,” Blake said. “I wish I would have known it before I went on the court. “If we are talking about this in a legal sense, Evgeny has more of a right to be in the quarterfinals than I do.” ATP chairman and president Etienne de Villiers initially ruled that Blake would have won his round-robin group if del Potro hadn’t retired. But a review of the rules found that an incomplete match can’t count as a match played for the retiring player. That eliminated del Potro based on the tiebreaker procedure and moved Korolev ahead based on his win over Blake in their round-robin match. ATP officials released a statement blaming the confusion on “an incorrect variation of ATP rules.” Blake had been awarded a quarterfinal spot after Argentine player Juan Martin del Potro withdrew Thursday because of respiratory problems during a match with Blake leading, 6-3, 3-1. Blake said that he felt bad for fans who had come out for the quarterfinals expecting to see him play a match against Querrey. He said that he hopes he has a future role in helping to alleviate this problem. “A possible flaw in the rules has been exposed in this round-robin format which will weigh very heavily in a couple of weeks at our (ATP Tour) meetings in Miami,” Blake said. “Unfortunately, it forced me out of the tournament, but hopefully some good will come out of it with the revamping, or possibly the destruction, of the round-robin system. Anything that happens is OK with me.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!center_img LAS VEGAS – Top-seeded James Blake was removed from the quarterfinals of the Tennis Channel Open on Friday after ATP Tour officials reversed a ruling that had allowed him to advance because of a competitor’s withdrawal during round-robin play. Evgeny Korolev took Blake’s place in the quarterfinals and defeated Sam Querrey, 6-4, 6-4 . last_img read more

Body Found Outside NLC Chetwynd Campus

first_imgThe RCMP are saying they do not consider the death suspicious at this time and the recent cold weather could be a factor.No further details have been released at this time. – Advertisement –last_img

Russian WCup star Cheryshev in doping probe

first_img0Shares0000Russian World Cup star Denis Cheryshev © AFP / Kirill KUDRYAVTSEVMOSCOW, Russian Federation, Sep 12 – Russia winger Denis Cheryshev, one of the standout performers at the World Cup, is under investigation for an alleged doping violation, local media reported Wednesday.“This case is currently being investigated by the Spanish Anti-Doping agency,” the Russian daily Sport Express quoted a World Anti-Doping Agency press spokesperson as saying. “They will inform WADA about the results of their investigation.”The 27-year-old came under suspicion after his father said in an interview that the footballer had received growth hormone treatment before the World Cup.The taking of a growth hormone without a therapeutic use exemption can result in a four-year ban.Cheryshev’s father later said he was misquoted by the journalist.The Villarreal midfielder, on-loan to Valencia this season, meanwhile denied any wrongdoing.“I think we’d better leave this case in the hands of medics, who have done everything right,” he told Sport Express.“For my part everything was honest and I think there will be no problems.”Cheryshev scored four goals as hosts Russia reached the World Cup quarter-finals.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Florida governor pardons jailed pain medication user

first_imgPaey and his supporters have argued that he never distributed any drugs – that he purchased and consumed huge amounts on his own for constant pain. Paey has been debilitated by a 1985 car accident suffers from multiple sclerosis and uses a wheelchair. He refused to accept a plea because he didn’t want to be branded a drug dealer. The case illustrates flaws in the law and how people who are dependent on strong pain medication can get tangled up in the government’s effort to combat drugs, Paey’s attorney, John Flannery of Leesburg, Va., said. Because of mandatory minimum sentences, the judge in Paey’s case had no choice but the 25-year sentence after he was convicted. The board – Crist, State Attorney Bill McCollum, Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink and Agriculture Commissioner Charles Bronson – voted unanimously to approve Paey’s release, overriding the recommendation of the parole commission that his application be denied. “We aim to right a wrong and to exercise compassion,” said Crist, who moved for the pardon after the board heard emotional testimony from Paey’s wife, two daughters, a son and neighbor. State Attorney Bernie McCabe, whose office prosecuted Paey, said he had no reaction to the news. Paey had a broad smile as he exited the vehicle driven by prison officials to his Hudson home in Pasco County. “In the immortal words of Dorothy…there’s no place like home,” Paey said, pausing in midsentence to kiss his wife, Linda.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – A disabled former attorney who said he needed large amounts of drugs to numb his pain was released from prison Thursday after the governor and the rest of the state clemency board pardoned his drug trafficking charges. Richard Paey, 48, learned Thursday he’d be released after four years. He expected to die in jail, and credited Gov. Charlie Crist and national advocacy groups with helping free him. “He’s a brave man, and it takes a great leader to show a small person mercy,” Paey said of Crist. Paey was sentenced to 25 years in prison after prosecutors argued that he had forged so many prescriptions and purchased so many pain pills he must have been selling them, despite no additional evidence. The case gained national attention as an example of outrageous mandatory minimum drug sentences. last_img read more

CONFIRMED: Man City complete £35m deal for Brazilian goalkeeper Ederson

first_img Ederson 1 Manchester City have confirmed goalkeeper Ederson will join the club from Benfica on July 1.The 23-year-old has penned a five-year deal with City, after a fee of £35million was agreed with the Portuguese champions.Terms were agreed with the player and Benfica last week but the move was held up while severance of his third-party ownership agreement was negotiated.Ederson becomes the fourth Brazilian at the Etihad, joining Fernandinho, Fernando and Gabriel Jesus in Pep Guardiola’s squad.He told the club’s official website: “I like everything about Manchester City. This is a great club, the league they have here in England and they have amazing fans and they play splendid football.“I have always had the dream to play in English football and now I’m going to make it true.“With Pep Guardiola, City are growing more and more. He is putting in place a young team for the future. Those were important factors in making my decision.“Manchester City has an amazing squad. I think they managed to have a good season. Next season, we will have to be focused to achieve the goal of winning trophies.”Ederson is the second signing made by City this summer, following the £43million arrival of Monaco playmaker Bernardo Silva.He is not expected to be the last close season arrival, with Guardiola understood to be targeting two new full-backs and another forward.last_img read more

Watch Chelsea star’s daughter write ‘sex’ when he asks her to spell his name

first_img tense Five-year-old Lia is Fabregas’ eldest of three children The five-year-old kept writing ‘Sex’ as opposed to ‘Cesc’ silverware Lia made a simple mistake and wrote ‘Sex’ rather than her father’s actual name ‘Cesc’ – short for ‘Francesc.’The Spain international can be heard laughing as he asked his daughter: “This is how you write my name, Lia?”To which she adorably responds: “Sex! Seh… ex.”You can watch the full, short video below.Video Playerhttps://scontent-frt3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/5a4039ab6e4b07c7a1617de2b1b01bb8/5BB59545/t50.12441-16/42406963_331275954290592_2396030609880820439_n.mp4Media error: Format(s) not supported or source(s) not foundmejs.download-file: https://scontent-frt3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/5a4039ab6e4b07c7a1617de2b1b01bb8/5BB59545/t50.12441-16/42406963_331275954290592_2396030609880820439_n.mp4?_=200:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Tottenham issue immediate ban to supporter who threw cup at Kepa shining punished Cesc Fabregas five-year-old daughter Lia believes her father’s name is in fact ‘Sex’ Fabregas.The Chelsea star uploaded a hilarious video to his Instagram account on Monday evening as he asked his eldest child to try and spell his forename while doing her homework. Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won REVEALED 2 Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT Latest Chelsea News Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City REAL DEAL targets REVEALED JIBE Real Madrid ‘offer’ Isco to Chelsea in bid to ‘make room’ for Tottenham star Lampard appears to aim dig at Mourinho for handling of Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea gameday cracker 2last_img read more

Breaking: Cllr Martin McDermott elected new Cathaoirleach of Inishowen

first_imgFianna Fáil Councillor Martin McDermott has officially been elected as Cathaoirleach for the Municipal District of Inishowen.The Glengad man topped the poll in Inishowen last month with 2,501 first preference votes.He was the first county councillor to be elected to the new Donegal County Council in Inishowen. McDermott takes over the role from Irish Labour Councillor Martin Farren.Following his election last month, McDermott told Donegal Daily: I’m absolutely delighted. It’s a blown-away vote,”“I can’t put into words the support I’ve got. I got great support the last time. To get around 35 per cent of the vote, I can’t put that into words.”Breaking: Cllr Martin McDermott elected new Cathaoirleach of Inishowen was last modified: June 18th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more