Ben & Jerry’s Share Origins Of Phish Food On 20th Anniversary [Watch]

first_imgBen & Jerry’s came out with their famed “Phish Food” ice cream 20 years ago today. The two business owners, Ben and Jerry, considered themselves “lucky to be associated” with the band, their fans, and the culture that comes along with Phish, even joining them on stage in 1996 at Clifford Ball. The history of the ice cream brand is pretty unique, and the story is told in this newly released video.The ice cream company is the only time that Phish has given their name to a product, drummer Jon Fishman explains in the video interview. They decided to do so as an alternative way to raise funds that could be donated to charity. In 1997, Phish established The WaterWheel Foundation with royalties of Phish Food.The WaterWheel Foundation chooses non-profits from a large sphere of needs including social services, primarily those benefitting women and children; environmental, with a focus on clean water and land conservation with public access; as well as food banks, urban gardening and the like. Thanks to the generosity of the fans, since its creation WaterWheel’s Touring Division has donated over $1,000,000 to more than 425 groups.Watch the full video below:last_img read more

Fijabi, Skoro Return with GOtv Boxing Night Season 8

first_imgThe best boxer of the night will go home with N1million cash prize and the Mojisola Ogunsanya Memorial Trophy.Sponsored by GOtv, which will be broadcast live by SuperSport in 47 African countries, is supported by MultiChoice, Paragonis Multimedia limited, KSquare Security, Complete Sports, Brila FM, Bond FM and Newbreak.ng.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The eighth edition of GOtv Boxing Night will hold at the Indoor Sports Hall of the National Stadium in Lagos on July 30. This was disclosed by the organisers on Tuesday at a press conference held at the Old Skool Restaurant within the National Stadium Complex. CEO of Fly kite Sports, promoter of the event, Jenkins Alumona, told journalists that the coming edition will be more explosive than the previous ones.“We have high-calibre match-ups in every fight. This edition will feature a national middleweight boxing title defence by reigning champion, Sunny Hammer, who will take on West African middleweight champion Rasheed Abolaji. We have also brought in other big names and rising stars of boxing in Nigeria,” said Alumona.He added that GOtv Boxing Night 8 is being held in honour of Muhammed Ali, the boxing icon who died recently.Apart from the title fight, the event will see national light welterweight champion, Olaide Fijabi, slug it out with Joseph Adeniji in a challenge contest. In the welterweight category, Stanley Eribo will fight Dele Adeleke, while Waidi Usman will duel with David Ekpeyong in the featherweight category. There is also a super middleweight challenge contest between Matthew Obinna and Samuel Igbokwe. The sixth fight of the night will be a national light welterweight challenge between Rilwan Babatunde and Shakiru Lateef.last_img read more

Rockets ‘have the team to beat’ next season, Austin Rivers says

Austin Rivers is confident in the Rockets.Houston re-signed the 26-year-old guard to a two-year contract, reportedly worth the veterans’ minimum, earlier this week. Rivers told ESPN he had offers elsewhere for more money but returned to the Rockets because he believes they have a chance to win a championship. The Rockets were at the center of controversy last month when a report surfaced saying the relationship between star James Harden and Chris Paul was “unsalvageable.” Rivers, however, said he didn’t see any issues.”I know nothing about any of that. I don’t know where that’s coming from,” Rivers said during an interview with TMZ in June. “A lot of fantasy tales being told right now. … It’s definitely not true. I didn’t see any issues between any of them. It’s just made up news, fake news like most of the stuff you see on these Instagram pages.”The Rockets’ top target this summer was Jimmy Butler, according to multiple reports. But, they missed out on him when the wing was sent to the Heat in a sign-and-trade. “Now that the league is wide open, I just saw an opportunity,” Rivers said. “You can’t really put a price on happiness. The goal was to come back to Houston all along. I think we have the team to beat.”Austin Rivers had offers in $5.7M midlevel range but took the vet minimum from Rockets. “Now that the league is wide open, I just saw an opportunity. You can’t really put a price on happiness. The goal was to come back to Houston all along. I think we have the team to beat.”— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) July 1, 2019Rivers began the season with the Wizards and ended up signing with the Rockets after he was waived by the Suns following a trade in December. He averaged 8.7 points and 2.3 assists in 28.6 minutes per game during his time with Houston. Related News The Rockets re-signed Gerald Green and Danuel House at the start of free agency.They’ve also reportedly explored dealing center Clint Capela. NBA free agency rumors: Rockets will have ‘strong interest’ in Andre Iguodala if he receives buyout NBA trade rumors: Kings unwilling to deal first-round pick for Rockets’ Clint Capela read more

Giannis Antetokounmpo to Bucks fans at celebration: ‘After this day … please don’t call me MVP’

first_img Anthony Davis to skip FIBA Basketball World Cup, still planning to play in Olympics, report says Avery Bradley explains decision to sign with Lakers “It’s the whole season, right here in this trophy. And not just the season — and the moments behind the scenes — but when I am back home with my family, that they support me on a daily basis. They want me to be successful. When I look at this trophy, that’s what I see.“And by people calling me the MVP, that’s not going to help me. So that’s why I said, from this day on, I don’t want to be the MVP. I’m just Giannis, and let’s go get something bigger.”While he’s enjoyed a tour this offseason that’s included stops in California, Las Vegas and his native Greece, he’s still working out and already looking forward to preparing for next season. “After this day, July 14, please, please, please — do me this favor, so I can be better, I can be a better player, I can lead this city to win a championship — please don’t call me MVP,” Antetokounmpo said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Until I win it again next year.“Let me tell you why. I work my butt off every single day … When I look at this trophy, man … it’s all the days that I was mad, all the days I was happy, all the days I was in pain, all the days I was upset … We could be better. Related News Giannis Antetokounmpo says he’s only reached ’60 percent’ of his potential after MVP season To Giannis Antetokounmpo, winning the 2018-19 NBA MVP award has been a humbling experience.Speaking Sunday during a meet-and-greet with fans at the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee, the Bucks star asked fans to refrain from chanting his credentials — at least until he repeats. “I cannot wait for the season to start and get back to my routine,” Antetokounmpo said.Antetokounmpo, coming off his sixth season with the Bucks, helped Milwaukee to the NBA’s best record at 60-22 while averaging 27.7 points, 12.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, and 1.5 blocks per game.At 24, he last month became the youngest MVP winner since Derrick Rose in 2010-11.last_img read more

One killed after vehicle hit by train in West Palm Beach

first_imgFriday evening, a person was killed after driving their car was hit by a Virgin Trains USA (formerly Brightline) train, according to West Palm Beach police.Police say a 2008 black Corvette was traveling west and stopped for the train crossing along Avon Road when a southbound train passed and the gate arms remained down.The driver of the vehicle tried to go around the gates and a northbound train crashed into the car, police said.The name of the person killed has not been released at this time.This story is developing.last_img

Social Media Outlets Split Over How to Handle President Trump’s Posts

first_imgDespite recently issuing an executive order threatening legal penalties for social media platforms, President Trump’s fight with Twitter continued last week, after the social media platform removed a campaign video tribute to George Floyd, citing copyright infringements.The incident came during a week when Twitter flagged several of the commander-in-chief’s tweets for allegedly violating its terms of use, a move that Trump and his campaign called “censorship.”The video that was removed by Twitter included a compilation of images of demonstrations, riots and photos of police and protesters over an audio track of the president calling for unity following the killing of George Floyd.Twitter explained its decision in a statement, saying, “Per our copyright policy, we respond to valid copyright complaints sent to us by a copyright owner or their authorized representatives.”The video is still posted on Facebook and YouTube, marking a stark difference in how platforms are handling the president’s posts.Last Wednesday, Snap Inc. announced it would stop promoting Trump’s account in Snapchat’s “Discover” category, a function that allows users to explore new content. The company said it would “not amplify voices who incite racial violence and injustice by giving them free promotion on Discover.”Soon thereafter, Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale accused Snapchat of “trying to rig the 2020 election” and “actively engaging in voter suppression” by refusing to promote his account. “If you’re a conservative, they do not want to hear from you, they do not want you to vote. They view you as a deplorable and they do not want you to exist on their platform,” Parscale of Snap’s leadership.Courtesy: Trump 2020 CampaignSnapchat’s decision followed the president’s social media messages messages last week referring to violent protesters as “thugs,” and threatening to unleash “vicious dogs” and “ominous weapons” on unruly demonstrations.Twitter placed a warning on one of those statements about “thugs,” saying the president’s tweet violated the company’s rules on “glorifying violence.” Republican lawmakers filed a resolution condemning Twitter’s alleged “partisan censorship.”Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey added the fact-check “does not make us an ‘arbiter of truth.’” He said the warning was meant to provide additional information to the public, and to let people “judge for themselves.”One again, the statements that were contested by Twitter and then deemed inflammatory by Snapchat went unchecked on Facebook. However, the platform did not completely remove the tweet, saying it “may be in the public’s interest” to make it accessible.In addition, Twitter put a fact-check label on another Trump tweet, in which he claimed the use of mail-in ballots would cause widespread fraud. Trump responded to the fact-check action, saying it was equivalent to  election interference.center_img Last year, Twitter announced that it would no longer host political ads.On the other hand, Facebook decided to keep them, and said it would not fact-check such content.Facebook employees quickly denounced that decision, accusing Zuckerberg of allowing the president to “weaponize” the platform.Last week, Zuckerberg’s reluctance to act on Trump’s comments about George Floyd protests led to hundreds of the company’s employees staging a virtual walkout.Zuckerberg later explained, “[W]e read it as a warning about state action, and we think people need to know if the government is planning to deploy force,” he wrote.Two weeks ago, President Trump signed an executive order threatening social media companies who he claimed engage in “online censorship.”The main part of the executive order threatens to remove internet companies’ legal liability under Section 230 of the Federal Communications Decency Act if they engage in “censorship” or deceive the public about being an “open forum for debate.”Both Twitter and Facebook have repeatedly argued that free speech is a key part of their platforms, while adding standards in an effort to minimize violent content, explicit content and harassment, sometimes at the government’s request.Under current law, companies like Facebook and Twitter cannot be sued for the content posted by its users.Trump’s executive order seeks to treat social media companies as “publishers” instead of as neutral internet platforms, thereby exposing them to liability for what users communicate.last_img read more

Siam Country Resort – Booking Golf of June 2020

first_imgPromoted Content18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-Flowbrainberries7 Thailand’s Most Exquisite Architectural WondersbrainberriesA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DaybrainberriesThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldbrainberriesFake brand-name goods worth over 100 million baht seized in Bangkok – Patt…10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeithbrainberries10 Risky Jobs Some Women Dobrainberries10 Gorgeous Asian Actresses No Man Can ResistbrainberriesAll quarantines in Thailand apply same rules for both Thai and foreign arr…World’s Most Delicious FoodsbrainberriesBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Thembrainberries6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DronebrainberriesPattaya will survive the coronavirus pandemonium for a very obvious reason…What Secrets Is The Great Wall Of China Hiding?brainberriesPretty Awesome Shows That Just Got Canceledbrainberrieslast_img read more

DDCA invites Indian team for Virat Kohli Stand unveiling at Kotla

first_imgAdvertisement a7r55NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs9p9Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E76o93( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 6u1mWould you ever consider trying this?😱6xiCan your students do this? 🌚zq9xRoller skating! Powered by Firework The Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) has invited the Indian national team to witness the unveiling of a stand named after their captain on Thursday. The association will also officially rename the stadium after their former president Arun Jaitley. A senior board functionary has also confirmed that the team has been asked to wear traditional clothing for the ceremony which will be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.Advertisement “The boys have been sent a mail asking them to wear traditional clothes. They will be present when DDCA unveils the stand in Kohli’s name as also the stadium is named after former DDCA president and BCCI Vice President Jaitley. The boys are assembling in the capital on Thursday before heading to Dharamsala on Friday,” the functionary quoted.Advertisement Virat Kohli and his boys will take on South Africa in the opening fixture of the T20I series on Sunday, with the the second match to be played at Mohali on September 18. The final match will be be played at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on September 22.The Proteas led by wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock arrived in Mumbai earlier last week and are looking to start afresh following their World Cup disappointment with de Kock being named as the skipper for the T20I series ahead of Faf du Plessis.Advertisement India, meanwhile, have rested the pace trio of Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and all-rounder Hardik Pandya has been brought back after being rested for the Caribbean tour.South Africa will begin their campaign in the World Test Championship after the T20I series with three Tests to be played in Visakhapatnam (October 2-6), Pune (October 10-14) and Ranchi (October 19-23) respectively.  Advertisementlast_img read more