Clips of Week: April 26, 2013

first_imgOur favorite web videos from the week that was:1. One Clean RiderThe story of Edward Norton and his “victory” in the 2003 Tour de France. This one will make you think…2. Blue Ridge Marathon x2Not exactly sure what’s going on here, but it appears these guys ran a marathon leading up to the Blue Ridge Marathon. If so, that’s insane.3. Maching the BikeGoing 135 mph on a bike is no joke.4. Especially Since…This was his last attempt. Skip to :44 for the epic-ness.5. River SoundsWe’ll wrap with just a beautiful fishing video.River Sounds from Rolf Nylinder on Vimeo.last_img

‘Battlefield 6’ release: What to know about the new game, future ‘Battlefield 5’ updates

first_imgEA Dice has confirmed it would release a new “Battlefield” game in 2021, its first fresh release since November 2018.While the company said it will continue to support “Battlefield V,” it won’t provide any more core updates after this summer. Could elements of ‘Battlefield 6’ be free?After Activision took the leap and released the free to play “Call of Duty: Warzone” to positive reception, it’s now up to other legacy FPS studios such as EA DICE to decide whether to follow the trend or stick with what’s worked in the past. The benefit of free Battle Royale modes for companies is the continued cash flow of DLC cosmetics. Activision has also done a good job using “Warzone” to promote its paid “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare” title.There is not yet any indication one way or the other what EA DICE will do here.When will ‘Battlefield 5’ updates stop?In a recent announcement, EA DICE said the final major update for “Battlefield V” will come in June. It will continue to address bugs, though, and still provide attention to the title for the forseeable future. Attention, then, will turn to the next iteration for the franchise, which will be critical in keeping EA DICE afloat in the FPS space. “Battlefield V” is viewed as a sales disappointment, and the FPS genre has evolved significantly since its release, particularly in terms of Battle Royale popularity.Still, the devout following of the game among hardcore fans gives it hope for a strong rebound, especially with the imminent release of next-gen consoles potentially playing up its renowned aesthetics.MORE: What’s new in “Call of Duty: Warzone” updateDetails remain sparse for Battlefield 6, but we do have some hints of what’s to come.Here is the latest on Battlefield 6, as well as the implications of the new game on Battlefield V:When is the ‘Battlefield 6’ release date?EA DICE has confirmed the game will be released in 2021, and we can narrow it down further than that based on prior reports. According to Niko Partners, it will be shipped sometime after April 1.”Battlefield V” was a November release, putting it up against other prominent FPS titles and perhaps harming its sales numbers. As a result, it’s possible (though not yet reported) that EA DICE will select a different part of the year, such as summer or earlier in the fall, to put it on the market.It’s unclear whether the coronavirus pandemic will have an impact on the development timeline.What details are known about ‘Battlefield 6’?EA DICE has kept mum on details of the game, but that hasn’t stopped fans from speculating what could be ahead.Among those fan-driven ideas: A greater focus on multiplayer over campaign, the introduction of Battle Royale and a more modern or futuristic era setting. While “Battlefield” has long been popular because of its differences from other FPS titles, it may feel pressure from competitors to mimick certain aspects of breakout games.One thing EA has discussed is the expanded capabilities provided by the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.”You should assume the power of those consoles is much more than existing consoles,” said Blake Jorgenson, the CEO and CFO of EA, on an earnings call earlier this year. “We can do a lot more. You will start to see things over the next couple of years that will blow people’s minds.”last_img read more

Mane jokes he would ‘dive’ again to win Liverpool penalty

first_img“It’s what I want to keep doing. If I get a penalty, yeah it’s a penalty. If no penalty, no penalty, but (it) will never change the way I’m playing or the way I’m doing my things.”Guardiola’s criticism was seen as the start of mind games leading up to Sunday’s Anfield encounter and Mane said the City boss had been a “bit clever” to get the attention of the referee.The defending Premier League champions trail Klopp’s side by six points but City are the only team to have beaten Liverpool in their past 50 league matches.“I can say one of the biggest tests, for sure,” said Mane. “But if you ask me I would say not only City because against Aston Villa you can see how the game was and Leicester also was really tough.“So I think we played already a few big games in this season and for sure City as well will be a big game.”Share on: WhatsApp Sadio ManeLondon, United Kingdom | AFP | Liverpool forward Sadio Mane says he will not change his style of play despite Pep Guardiola’s “diving” accusation.The Manchester City boss made the claim at the weekend, when the Senegal international was booked after going down in the penalty area following a challenge by Aston Villa’s Frederic Guilbert.Manager Jurgen Klopp jumped to his defence and Guardiola subsequently rowed back on the comments, saying they were part of a longer speech in which he praised the forward.Mane, unaware of the subsequent climbdown, was unmoved by Guardiola’s initial criticism as he believes if there is contact he has a right to go down.And he offered a sarcastic response to the City boss ahead of the match between the two sides at Anfield on Sunday, saying: “If it could be a penalty for sure I will ‘dive’ again.“If the ‘dive’ will give me a penalty then I will do it. Why not? But what Jurgen said is correct. I do not dive,” said Mane.“There was contact (at Villa) for sure. Maybe it was not a penalty and he didn’t give it, and he gave me a yellow card. To be honest I don’t have any problem about it.last_img read more

Seven Florida Prison Employees Test Positive for Coronavirus

first_imgSeven Florida Department of Corrections employees who work at different facilities have tested positive for COVID-19, agency officials announced late Friday.The officials would not release the positions held by the infected prison workers, but said in a statement that the employees worked for either the corrections department or one of its contractors at five prisons and two probation offices.The employees work at Century Correctional Institute in Escambia County; Everglades Correctional Institution in Miami-Dade County; Florida Women’s Reception Center and Marion Correctional Institution, both in Ocala; Zephyrhills Correctional Institution in Pasco County; and community corrections regional offices in Lake Butler and West Palm Beach.They will not return to work until they have been cleared by health officials, according to the agency.An investigation is now underway to identify inmates and staff who may need to go into isolation after coming into close contact with the infected employees, officials added. There are no confirmed coronavirus cases within the inmate population as of 9 a.m. Friday.However, corrections officials say they are working closely with the Florida Department of Health to monitor and contain potential outbreaks in the prison system, which has 143 facilities, more than 23,000 employees and nearly 96,000 inmates.In an effort to prevent the virus from spreading, the department has suspended face-to-face inmate visitations, restricted the intake of county jail inmates and began screening anyone who enters a correctional institution.last_img read more