10 months agoChelsea boss Sarri pleased with matchwinner Kante: He’s improving

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Chelsea boss Sarri pleased with matchwinner Kante: He’s improvingby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Maurizio Sarri was delighted with matchwinner N’Golo Kante for victory at Crystal Palace.The midfielder struck the only goal of the game.Sarri stated: “He has to think about the defence first of all. Then he is improving, especially in movements without the ball. His movement today was really very good and was done with the right timing.”When we have to play against opponents who are very low, it’s difficult for the striker and wingers to find space. So for us the midfielders’ movement without the ball is very important.”Now we have to work on Loftus-Cheek and on Barkley. Loftus-Cheek especially is a great player with the ball, but he can improve a lot in his movement without the ball.” last_img read more

Scanbox Rob Heydon Productions line up Last Rituals exclusive

first_imgThe partners have earmarked a first quarter 2018 start on the Canada-Iceland co-production based on Yrsa Sigurdardottir’s first book in the series, 2005 global hit Last Rituals. The story follows Thora Gudmundsdottir, a single mother and lawyer in Reykjavik who moonlights as a detective.Los Angeles-based Sighvatsson (pictured at left) acquired the rights several years ago and is developing with Rob Heydon Productions, Canadian broadcaster CHCH, and Telemunchen, which holds the German rights and serves as international sales agent on the series.”This will be a book adaptation set and produced in Iceland in English language,” Sighvatsson said. “There’s not been a female-driven, worldwide hit Scandinavian crime story in some time. We think this material is quite unique. It’s a procedural with a much more humanistic element.” Login/Register With: READ MORE Advertisement Facebook Advertisement Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Twitterlast_img read more

Aritzia sees 13th straight quarter of comparable sales growth net revenue up

first_imgVANCOUVER – Aritzia Inc. (TSX:ATZ) reported its 13th consecutive quarter of positive comparable sales growth in its most recent quarter.The Vancouver-based women’s fashion brand says its comparable sales grew 6.3 per cent for its third quarter ended Nov. 26, 2017, due to continued momentum in its e-commerce business. In the third quarter of 2016, it reported 15.1 per cent growth.Its net revenue rose 9.6 per cent to $204.4 million, compared to $186.5 million in the same quarter last year. The company mostly attributed the increase to seven store openings, as well as five expanded or repositioned stores since the third quarter.The company says its adjusted net income rose 11.4 per cent to $30.6 million, or 26 cents per share, from $27.5 million, or 23 cents per share, in the third quarter of 2016.While its net revenue fell below analyst expectations, its earnings per share outperformed estimates, according to data from Thomson Reuters.last_img read more

39B buyout of Tribune by Sinclair ends in acrimony

first_imgNEW YORK, N.Y. – The $3.9 billion buyout of Tribune Media by Sinclair collapsed Thursday, ending a bid to create a massive media juggernaut that could have rivaled the reach of Fox News.Tribune Media Co. said Thursday that it is suing Sinclair for breach of contract and at least $1 billion in damages, according to its complaint .Sinclair used “unnecessarily aggressive and protracted negotiations” with the Department of Justice and Federal Communications Commission over regulatory requirements, the Chicago company said, and it refused to sell the stations it needed to in order to gain regulatory approval.Sinclair Broadcast Group wanted the Chicago company’s 42 TV stations and had initially agreed to dump almost two dozen of its own to score approval by the FCC.The media company, which has enjoyed the support of President Donald Trump, appeared to be cruising toward approval by U.S. regulators.Last month, however, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai said that he had “serious concerns” about the deal, saying that Sinclair might still be able to operate the stations “in practice, even if not in name.”That drew a rebuke from Trump.“So sad and unfair that the FCC wouldn’t approve the Sinclair Broadcast merger with Tribune,” Trump tweeted. He said that allowing Sinclair to expand its reach would have led to a “much needed conservative voice by and for the people.”Sinclair operates 192 stations, runs 611 channels and operates in 89 U.S. markets. It would have been able to expand rapidly into numerous new markets with the Tribune acquisition.Sinclair has become a significant outlet for conservative views.It was admonished by media watchdogs in April after Deadspin, a sports news site, pieced together clips of dozens of TV anchors for Sinclair reading from the same script, which warned viewers about “biased and false news” from other media outlets.Sinclair has defended the decision to have its anchors read from the same script across the country as a way to distinguish its news shows from unreliable stories on social media.The Maryland company said Thursday in a prepared statement that the Tribune lawsuit is “entirely without merit.”“We unequivocally stand by our position that we did not mislead the FCC with respect to the transaction or act in any way other than with complete candour and transparency,” said CEO Chris Ripley.Free media advocacy groups cheered the demise of the deal.Public Knowledge, an advocacy group that has been critical of the FCC under Pai, has been against a tie up between Sinclair and Tribune from the start.“While what has apparently killed this deal was Sinclair’s pattern of deception at the FCC — a fact that should affect its future dealings at the Commission — the deal was bad on its own merits, and this latest development is good for consumers,” said Phillip Berenbroick, senior policy counsel at the organization. “Broadcasters are supposed to serve their local communities. This deal would have contributed to the trend where ‘local’ news and ‘local’ programming is created or scripted out of town.”last_img read more

City of Fort St John receives award for Annual Financial Report

first_img“To achieve this award for the third consecutive year is a significant achievement and speaks to the accomplishments of Council and staff in ensuring open and transparent reporting.”The Canadian Award for Financial Reporting Program was established to encourage municipal governments throughout Canada to publish high-quality financial reports and to provide peer recognition and technical guidance for officials preparing these reports.The 2017 Annual Report is available on the City’s website. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The City of Fort St. John was recently awarded the Canadian Award for Financial Reporting.This award was given to the City by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for the 2017 Annual Report.Mayor Lori Ackerman says this award is a significant achievement as it shows that the City is ensuring open and transparent reporting.last_img read more

Darmian to undergo medical at Juventus

first_imgManchester United defender Matteo Darmian is set to undergo a medical with Juventus after arriving in Milan, reports Football-ItaliaThe Italy international has been heavily linked with a move to the Bianconeri for over the past year after falling out of favour with Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford.Since arriving from Torino in 2015, Darmian has struggled to adapt to the demands of English football and has recently expressed a desire to return to his homeland in the summer.harry maguire, manchester UnitedMaguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…United boss Mourinho is planning to sign two new full-backs in the upcoming transfer window and will likely use the reported €12m transfer fee generated from Darmian ’s sale to reinvest in his defence.The 28-year-old is currently in Italy finalising the move to Juventus with Daley Blind also expected to leave Manchester after admitting that he was left feeling frustrated over his lack of opportunities in the second half of this season.Across all competitions this season, Darmian only started seven matches.last_img read more

Thibaut Courtois says Chelsea will always have a special place in

first_imgReal Madrid new signing Thibaut Courtois has thanked his former club Chelsea for giving him the opportunity to carve a niche for himself in professional football.Courtois pointed out earlier that his decision to leave Chelsea and join Madrid i mainly because he wants to be close to his family living in the Spanish capital.“I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for the four fantastic years that have passed,” said the Belgian in a clip posted on social media as quoted in Football Espana.“Chelsea will always have a special place in my heart.“I was very happy to be part of one of the biggest teams in the world. I fulfilled a childhood dream of playing in the Premier League.Tammy Abraham, ChelseaChelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.“I want to say a huge thank you to all my teammates and the coaching staff, who I shared success and amazing moments with.“I want to thank the fans for their great support. I hope you understand that being close to my children was considerable in my decision.“I wish you all the best for the future. It was a great honour to be part of the Chelsea family.”last_img read more

October 3rd PFD Deposit Day

first_imgAccording to the Permanent Fund Website payment schedule:Direct Deposit Mass Payment**  2019 (and prior year) dividend applications that are in “Eligible-Not Paid” status on September 26th, 2019 will be distributed on October 3rd, 2019.**Paper Check Mass Payment**  2019 (and prior year) dividend applications that are in “Eligible-Not Paid” status on October 11th, 2019 will be distributed on October 24th, 2019. Dunleavy: “Finally, now that the budget has been addressed, the full PFD will be the focus in this next special session, the sole focus. I will not let up until the remaining funds are appropriated for the full statutory PFD. I know Alaskans understand this decision and I appreciate all of your input.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享This year’s $1,600 dividend is being direct deposited on Thursday, October 3. Lawmakers instead asked Dunleavy to consider dividends of about $1,600 this year. Last year’s capped payout amounted to $1,600 checks. Dunleavy: “While there are some that support the full statutory formula, unfortunately some do not. In this years budget the Legislature sent me a $1,600 appropriation for the PFD, again not following the statutory formula.”  Governor Mike Dunleavy campaigned on a Permanent Fund dividend for residents paid in line with a longstanding calculation that has not been followed since 2016 as the state has grappled with a budget deficit. Such a dividend would equate to checks of about $3,000 this year. Dunleavy said he considered this a ‘partial PFD payment’ and that the legislature understands their jobs are not finished and they must fix this “as soon as possible”.last_img read more